We went to the funeral of Theresa Frey, a long time friend and member of our ward. She was very old and lived a good life. Always a classy lady and loved to serve. I had some wonderful talks with her as I drove her to the temple for her volunteer shift and she was a stalwart in our ward. I was honored to be asked to bake some homemade bread for the funeral luncheon, and I enjoyed serving in the kitchen with some awesome people. I was worried that the bread wouldn't turn out well, so I ground the wheat and worked on my recipe all week. I'm happy to say that I think it turned out amazingly well! I'm grateful that I get to be a part of these things every now and then. Zaron also sliced the bread beautifully and I am so grateful for his help. As a thank you for helping, Ruth gave me one of the flower arrangements from the funeral. It is so beautiful. All of my favorite colors and it is so bright and cheery. I am blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounders Game
The girls got free tickets to see a Sounders game through their club soccer team, so of course we needed to catch a game this summer. It was...
-
Zaron's birthday turned out to be a very busy day, but we wanted to celebrate him in some way. He didn't really want to celebrate at...
-
I had been wanting to go on a hike all summer, but things just never quite aligned to be able to do it due to work and other schedules. Fin...
-
My kids love to do fondue. They love poking their food and cooking it themselves. So, I thought it would be a fun Valentine treat to have ...




No comments:
Post a Comment